If you are a creative, highly-qualified, passionate person who wants to work in an atmosphere dedicated to teaching students with varied learning styles, we invite you to read below about our Career Opportunities.
To be considered for any position at Currey Ingram Academy, an online application must be completed. Click here to access the online application. If you are currently employed at Currey Ingram Academy and wish to apply as an internal candidate, please click on the "Internal" tab at the top of the opening page of the online application.
If you have technical problems completing the application, please contact TalentEd Recruit & Hire support by clicking on the "Help" link at the top of the TalentEd Recruit & Hire screen. You can also email TalentEd Recruit & Hire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: we recommend you create a document with your answers to the essay questions, then copy and paste into the appropriate fields. The system is set up to always save your information, but in the rare occurrence of a technology glitch, it would be in your best interest to have a back-up document.
If there is not a position posted for your experience and expertise, you may submit an application for the Staff Member posting. With a Staff Member application, you will not be considered for any open positions unless you specifically apply for the position. By having the Staff Member application on file, applying for open positions is very simple.
Please note that the application will take some time to complete (you can always save your application without submitting it and finish later). If you apply to more than one position over a period of time, be sure to keep your application up-to-date.
Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, please continue to check our website for future openings and apply specifically for those openings to ensure your application is considered.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of non-job-related medical condition or handicaps. Confidentiality is highly valued at Currey Ingram Academy. Only administrators in the position of making hiring decisions will have access to your application information.
PLEASE READ THIS DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO WORK AT CURREY INGRAM ACADEMY
The job duties for this position may include driving bus routes in the morning and afternoon and/or driving for field trips and athletic events. The drivers must meet Tennessee DOT requirements for driving buses, as well as, maintain a Certified Drivers License with P (Passenger) and S (Air Brake) endorsements. Experience Required. If you are interested in applying, please fill out the online application linked to this page.
|Director of College Counseling|
Currey Ingram Academy seeks an enthusiastic professional to join the college counseling office. The Director will work directly with the part-time College Counselor. The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree or higher and experience working with students, specifically students with learning differences, in either a college or high school setting. Excellent work ethic; strong writing skills; the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and faculty; and technology proficiency are essential. The successful candidate should have knowledge of the college admissions and financial aid processes as well as an interest in staying current on various types of admission review and a commitment to professional development. Competitive candidates will be interested in investing themselves in the school community beyond the college counseling office. If you are interested in applying for this position, we invite you to complete the online application linked to this page.
Director of College Counseling Job Summary
The Director of College Counseling reports to the Upper School Division Head and is responsible for organizing and administering all aspects of the college search and admissions process. This includes educating students and parents about colleges and the college selection process, support available to students with learning differences and/or ADHD in college, and financial aid (particularly with regard to the Tennessee Lottery Scholarship system). Based on extensive knowledge of individual learning profiles and needs, the Director will guide each family through the process of submitting applications to appropriate post-secondary educational opportunities as well as applying for accommodations on college entrance exams (if applicable). The Director will coordinate and supervise on-site administration of college entrance exams for students approved to test with accommodations on Currey Ingram's campus.
The Director of College Counseling is responsible for keeping up-to-date on trends and issues in the college admission, higher education, and college entrance-testing arena. Membership in professional organizations and attendance at national, regional, and/or local college counseling meetings are required. Director of College Counseling Credentials and Experience
- The Director of College Counseling must have a Master’s degree or higher; a degree or certificate in College Counseling is highly desirable.
- Personal knowledge of a variety of colleges, universities, and other post-secondary opportunities for students with learning differences is highly desirable.
- Experience with Naviance TCCi is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in college counseling is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with students with learning differences is highly desirable.
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational, speaking, and communication skills as well as an ability to meet deadlines without fail.
|Educational Database Manager|
Currey Ingram Academy seeks an Educational Database Manager for FileMaker Pro and WhippleHill databases as well as coordinating content management for http://www.curreyingram.org
. In addition to database management, the position involves level one tech support and audiovisual support. Requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field. Experience with Filemaker Pro, Whipplehill/Blackbaud, OSX, helpdesk support, and working with children is preferred.
This is a full time position that offers generous benefits and vacation time in a truly amazing work environment where you will have the ability to help change lives. Salary starts at $38,000 DOE.
If you are interested in applying for this position, we invite you to complete the online application linked to this page. Thank you.
Educational Database Manager
The primary role of every person at Currey Ingram Academy is to embrace and uphold the mission of our school. The Educational Database Administrator will serve as a role model for leadership in developing and maintaining mission-driven endeavors of Currey Ingram Academy.
The Educational Database Manager reports to the Director of Information Technology and is responsible to ensure that the academy’s educational databases are accurate and effective in addition to general technology and audiovisual support.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
Database Management 40%
- Maintain custom Filemaker Pro Database, making revisions to accounts and layouts as needed
- Communicate with stake holders and be able to interpret design parameters into functioning layouts
- Manage Blackbaud/Whipple Hill database which includes coordinating onBoard, onCampus, onRecord, onMessage
- Facilitating content and account management for the school website
Technology Support Specialist 40%
- Required to be present and visible to respond to questions from e-mail, tech tickets and walk-ins at the Help Desk
- Must develop knowledge of programs that are used both by technical support and in the current K-12 curriculum
- Become familiar with available help resources; stay updated on campus technology changes or problems
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware and other equipment
- In depth knowledge of Apple OSX and desire to work primarily in the Apple platform
- Ability to quickly grasp a variety of software applications
- Ability and willingness to share technological knowledge and resources
- Ability to translate technical terminology into layman terms
- Image student and faculty computers as needed
- Provide computer orientation for new faculty/staff
- Help manage inventory and knowledge base
- Stock toner in printers
Audiovisual Support 20%
- Setup and run audiovisual equipment for various school events including occasional night and weekend events
- Familiarity with Currey Ingram policies, services and staff
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
- Ability to prioritize issues that need immediate attention and seek support as needed
- Establish positive working relationships with Currey Ingram students, faculty and staff
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multi-task effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Patience and sense of humor
- Ability to tolerate frustration
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field
Proficiency in Filemaker Pro, Blackbaud, and Whipple Hill preferred
Apple Certifications preferred
Additional responsibilities may later be determined based on school need.
|Lower School Teacher (K-4) 2015-2016|Currey Ingram Academy is currently accepting applications for a K - 4 academic teaching position for the 2015-2016 school year. Teaching responsibilities will include language arts (reading, spelling and written language), math, and possibly social studies, science and handwriting. Excellent communication in both oral and written expression and experience with technology are required. Minimum requirements include a degree in elementary education, special education or a related field, with preference given to those with a graduate degree in special education and experience in teaching students with learning differences. If you are interested in applying for a position in the Lower School for the 2015-2016 school year, complete the online application linked to this page and email Dr. Barton at email@example.com.
|Summer Camp Staff Member|
The Summer Camps Program at Currey Ingram Academy is interested in creative, enthusiastic, talented counselors. Our goal is for the summer camps at Currey Ingram to be a fun, active, and educational experience for all campers. We are looking for people who love working with kids, work well with others, don't mind getting a little paint on their shorts, and want to have a part in making summer fun (and also safe)! Please check our website curreyingramcamps.org
for more information about the camps that we offer. If you are interested in applying, please fill out the online application linked to this page. If you are interested in working a specific camp, make sure to note this in your application.
Currey Ingram Academy, a premier educational institution, is interested in creative, enthusiastic, talented educators; preferably with experience teaching children with varied learning styles. if you would like to place an application on file with Currey Ingram Academy, and none of the current postings match your experience and credentials, please apply for the Staff Member position via our online application. Please check our website for future openings and apply specifically for those openings to ensure your application is considered. Thank you.