Within a safe residential and learning environment, Currey Ingram Academy students strive to be present, prepared and proactive. Currey Ingram’s residential life community is a family where students live, work, study, and play. Our 24/7 environment shapes students with learning differences into well-rounded people. Students have the opportunity to engage deeply in academics, arts, athletics, community service, and downtime with friends.
- Students attend four classes each day. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. On Wednesday, students attend class from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Breakfast begins at 7 a.m.
- Students arrive at the Upper School by 7:45 a.m.
- Classes begin at 8 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
- Athletics: Students participate in a variety of individual and team sports.
- Extracurricular activities: From clubs to music to theatre to community service, students deepen their passions or develop new talents by participating in a variety of after-school opportunities.
Weeknight Dorm Schedule
On the weekends, the residential life community will take advantage of all that the Nashville area has to offer. The weekends are also a great time for all students, those that live at home and on campus, to come together for social outings. Our weekend schedule will be led by our boarding students, but will likely involve some of the following things:
- Attending a college and/or professional sports game (Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Nashville Sounds, Nashville SC, Vanderbilt University, Belmont University)
- Hiking Radnor Lake, Warner Parks or nearby Fall Creek Falls
- Canoeing the Harpeth or Duck Rivers
- Live music at downtown venues or outdoor musical festivals (Live on the Green, Musician’s Corner)
- Visiting a museum (Frist Art Museum, Country Music Hall of Fame, Tennessee State Museum, Cheekwood, and The Parthenon)
- Participating in community service projects (Habitat for Humanity, Nashville Rescue Mission)
- Going to movies or shopping in Cool Springs or Green Hills